The moment I found back the scans from this album I suddenly felt like translating it.
So, while I stil have some time to post, expect other register6. I guess? I don’t know, actually.
I planned to post another song from this album today, but the scans are way too blurry on that one and it’ll take me a little while longer to make some sense out of them.
So, today’s song is the fourth track from 久遠ノ夢路, 赤い眼のうさぎ (aka Red-eyed Rabbit).
The engRish is strong in this one.
Why didn’t they just check the grammar a little bit more before writing all of this?
Whatever, the song is still good.
By the way, speaking of that album, I like how it has been translated as “Dreaming of Eternity” (I’ve been using it too on my album-related posts in the Credits section), though it’s even more awesome its word-to-word translation: The Neverending Dream-path.
Also, what color comes to your mind when you think about the word “dream”? I mean, “dream” like those you do when you sleep, not meaning “ambitions” or such.
To me, they’re light purple.
hada o sasu hisame no you na namari no ame ga furu
furueru watashi no sakebi wa todoku koto wa nai
A skin-piercing hail-like rain of bullets is falling down
And the shouts of my trembling self won’t reach anyone.
yaketadareta sora ga ochi
tsuki ga kabane o terasu
The burning flaming sky is falling,
And the moon is shining over corpses
ta ga chi o nagasu?
Who has shed blood?
Check out landscape Is this it, I wanted world?
What should I have done?
Tell me why!!
itazura ni inochi o chirashi isamu toki no koe
tamarazu nakiharashita me wa akairo ni natta
ima hitomi tojireba soko ni nageku koe hibiku
sukuenakatta tamashii wa yasumaru koto sura nai
The lives scattered over a prank, the voices from lively times…
My eyes, without enduring bursting in tears, became red;
And now, if I close my eyes, the laments of the souls I couldn’t save
Are resounding around, as they can’t even rest in peace
I fought, without the help of Someone
I thought there is a lot of hope what lies ahead, but There was nothing
hai wa hai ni chiri wa chiri ni kaeru
nanimo nokose wa shinai
Turning dust into dust, ashes into ashes:
I won’t leave anything behind me
mujihina toki ni sarasarete fuuka suru sakebi
namida mo koe mo karehatete kuzure ochite yuku
akai manako ga mitodoketa kanashimi no kioku
ayamachi wa mata kurikaesu sore dake ga kowai
Exposed to a ruthless world, I scream, wheatered
Crumbling away bit by bit, until my voice and my tears will dry out;
The only thing I fear are the sad memories my red eyes saw for sure
And the fact my mistakes will be repeated again…
– I’ve translated “namari no ame” in the first stanza as “a rain of bullets”, where “namari” means “lead”. I think it sounded better, and of course, “a rain of lead” is what it should imply.
– Lyrics in english are most of the time just background choruses
– In the third stanza, 誰 is read as “ta”, and not “dare”, which is its main reading.
– In the fourth stanza, 間 (“aida”, “space” / “time”) is read as 時 (“toki”, “time”)
– In the last stanza, 眼 (“me”, “eye”), is read as “manako”, which is another reading for the same kanji. In the previous stanza, it’s normally read as “me”.
• Title: 赤い眼のうさぎ (akai me no usagi) (Red-eyed Rabbit)
• Circle: Register6
• Album: 久遠ノ夢路 (kuon no yumeji)
• Vocals: mIsAkI and オカヒラ (okahira)
• Lyrics: オカヒラ (okahira)
• Arrangement: ロー (roo), ARI2
• Release Event: Reitaisai 9
• Source: 狂気の瞳 ～ Invisible Full Moon (Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon) Imperishable Night, Reisen Udongein Inaba’s Theme