Same things as previous posts, another song from Perish in Polaritia by Clockworks Tracer.
Merry Christmas! (I’m late and I know it)
– First stanza: “輪舞” should be read as “rinbu”, but it’s read as “rondo”. Also, on the booklet’s scans there’s an error (I’m guessing it is one), instead of “rondo” there is “ronde”. Anyway, I’m keeping “ronde” on the romaji section, but I’m translating it as “rondo”, giving that this is what WheaterH says. Same goes with the fifth stanza, in which “ronde” / “rondo” is repeated again.
– “mahoroba” in the second stanza is and interesting word. It means “spiritual center of a certain place” or “utopia”, in a way. It has a personal meaning to it, being that its first meaning refers to the old Japan (Yamato). Being the term really “vague” and “refined”, I’ve translated it in a “vague” and “refined” personal way.
– Third stanza: “独白” should be read as “dokuhaku”, but it’s read as “monologue” (モノローグ – “monoroogu”, to be precise). The meaning doesn’t change.
– Seventh stanza: “独り舞台” should be read “hitori butai”, meaning “lonely stage”, but here it’s read as “monodrama” (モノドラマ).
– Last stanza: “情念” should be read as “jounen”, but it’s read as “pathos” (パトス).
– Again, on the last stanza 未来 (mirai, future) is read as “saigo”, but it’s not wrote down in the booklet as the previous ones. “Saigo” can both mean “Last” (最後) or “Death” (最期).
– Last stanza one more time, the reading of 痴う is unclear.
CLOCKWORKS TRACER – Grim Redeemer
saa erabe tobira wa ima hirakareta
danzai to shokuzai no rondo no maku ga aku
Come on, make your choice: The doors have now opened
And the curtain of the sin and atonement’s rondo is rising
Can’t you see now I’m back?
monologue wa todokanai
kairaku to kyoshoku ni musabori kuwareta mahoroba
itsuka wa shiru koto mo nai
muzan ni mo uchisuterareta kotoba no imi o
My monologue won’t reach you
My own mesmerizing utopia is being devoured by pleasures and ostentations
And the meaning of my words thrown away in misery
Is still unknown and ungraspable
Don’t make me say it again and again!
saa erabe tobira wa ima hirakareta
nando demo hai agari tsumugi dase
zaijou na inori to hokori o daita mama
danzai to shokuzai no rondo wa meguru
Come on, make your choice: The doors have now opened;
So crawl your way up to them and entwine yourself with it
While holding your pride and prayers of guilt onto your chest,
For the sin and atonement’s rondo is swirling
My leathal absolution shows you the true conclusion
Named after ‘Grim Redemption’, the only way to choose
monodrama ja owarenai
haidoku no goshoku ni kizutsuki susanda panorama
itsuka wa shiru no darou ka
buzama ni mo mimi o fusaida kotoba no yukue o
It can’t end with a monodrama
Over this rough, scar-filled panorama of countless colors –
But I wonder if one day I’ll be able to know
The whereabouts of those uncouth words I covered my ears from?
sashi dashita taika wa amari ni omokute
sore demo, nandomo, koe kareru made
The compensation I’m offered is way too heavy
But still, no matter how many times, until my voice runs out I’ll…
“saigo” o erabe tomou ni sai wa nagerereta
nando demo hai agaru hateru made
kokoro ni tomoshita pathos wa kienai kara
ono ga me ni shuumaku o yaki tsuke odore
By the moment you chose the “End”, the dice is cast
From now until I’ll grow exhausted of crawling my way up;
And because the pathos burning in my heart won’t disappear
I’ll just set the closure inside my eyes afire as it dances
Title: Grim Redeemer
Original Track: 不思議の国のアリス (Alice in Wonderland), Mystic Square Extra Stage Theme
Vocals: WeatherH, Yapan
Circle: CLOCKWORKS TRACER
Album: Perish in Polaritia
Release Event: C90
Listen to it on Youtube here: CLOCKWORKS TRACER – Grim Redeemer
Translated by Shion (@FGRNDNoises)
Feel free to use it, but don’t forget to credit!